Thursday, February 7, 2013

New Projects In the Works!

Hello crafting family and friends.  I am sorry that I have not been here giving you information that you can use but, I have been ill.  However; now I am feeling back to my old self.  I have been working on a few new projects for you guys.  PROJECTS:  Up-scaled shoe box and ATC's.  I will upload the tutorial later on today for the up-cycled shoe box.  My thoughts on this item is that it can now be used to store your most prized items.  You can even use it to hold your your daughter's hair accessories in it, or if you enjoy writing letter's then you now have a special place to store them.  Another idea I had for this item is that if any of you made it too the Super Bowl in New Orleans last week, then you can place all of your unique memorabilia that you collected while you were there and it will be there whenever you wanted to re-visit it.  The Up-Scaled Shoe Box has been selling very well.  I have re-created it I know 20 times since I added to my line-up.  Remember, you can decorate it in any theme that you choose.  It also makes a great gift idea.  Birthdays, Housewarmings, Best Friend gifts, etc..

Now on to my next idea was to introduce you all that don't already know about them ATC's.  This stands for Artist Trading Cards.  Let me give you a little background.  The artist community trades them between each other.  It is a way to introduce themselves.  I thought they would work for us as Crafter's as well.  You showcase your specialty.  Example:  If you are a fiber artist, then you would create your's in that medium.  Or if painting is your thing.  Then you would showcase that skill.  The field is wide open for us. There are only 3 RULES to remember.  1. You never sell them to each other.  2.  They must be in the correct size.  3. They must be ORIGINAL work by you.  That's it.   I have did my research as usual and found an excellent source for the supplies that you will need.  They measure 2.5" x 3.5"
per card.  When you click on the link below.  You will be searching for Artist Trading Cards.  I purchased 2 different kinds.  The first shown below is by Strathmore'.  Bristol.  This I have found is a smooth surface.  And very nice to work on.  It is good for working with pencil, pen or ink.  And it is acid free.  It comes 20 cards in a pack.  The paper weight is 100 lb. 











My next choice was by the same company Strathmore'.  Illustration Board.  Still 2.5' x 3.5' in size.  I found this type of card to be very thick.  Love it!!  It is called lightweight vellum. 100% cotton, and it is a great surface for dry media and acid free and 42 pt. It come's packaged 5 card's to a pack.

You will want to protect your card's.  So, you will need to order sleeves.  The sleeves come 3' x 4-1/2".  There are 5 sleeves in a pack.  These are also by the same manufacturer as the ATC's.  Strathmore'.  As you can see they are clear and I have found that they are also rigid vinyl.  I love these as well. 




The next item you will need to purchase is a pack of FRAMES.  These are great because they give our ACT'S a great finish.  I have taken the items that come in the pack out so that you can see them.  You get 10 frames (I choose black), 10 sleeves and 40 self-stick squares (this is on 2 strips).  I feel that this is a excellent starter kit. This item is by Archival ware.  This item is shown below.









I just know that you guys are going to enjoy our new found crafting activity.  Just click on the link above and it will take you to Blicks Art Materials.  

Also, please shear your finished work with the rest of us.  I look forward to seeing what you guys have done.

Don't forget to check back later in the day for the tutorial on the Upscale Shoe Box.  

And remember, "Keep Living the Crafting Life."© 
http://blickartmaterials.com

No comments: